Dating someone less smart than you

"I think that's why dating your intellectual equal is so important. When you have stimulating conversation with someone who really makes you think and who can open your eyes to new things and experiences, you never get bored." Or perhaps you simply need someone who can keep up; it's nice to have someone who gets your jokes and is able to discuss deep, serious things when they come up over the course of a relationship. "I need my man to be less smart than me," says one 27-year-old woman, who jokingly says she thinks the smarter partner controls the relationship. "If he can outsmart me, then he could squash my ability to sneak things under his nose!"

Should you date someone smarter or someone dumber? There’s good and bad on both sides, so use this guide and ask yourself who’d be a good fit for you ! Dating an intelligent person can be a double-edged sword. You get the perks of having a girlfriend/boyfriend with a high IQ, but you are also subjected to the disadvantages of dating someone who knows more than you do. Confused over whether it’s a good thing or a bad thing? Just because your partner has more IQ points than you do does not make you any less of a person, and more importantly, any less of a lover! Liked what you just read? Follow us on Instagram Facebook Twitter Pinterest and we promise, we’ll be your lucky charm to a beautiful love life.

While dating someone smarter you can be sure of one thing, smart people are feeling more. They are more hurt, they think more and they overthink more. So they need just twice as much love. Have less control of the relationship than you would with someone equal to or less than your intellect. The pros outweigh the cons. I’d rather be around people smarter than me than the other way around.

So dating someone less intelligent than me, the margin by which I am smarter than her would be "going to waste" as far as her ability to be impressed by me. 3. Share. My husband is smarter in some ways than I am. He is intelligent he understands advanced mathematics, chemistry, etc., but he has a hard time with the mundane. I am good at the mundane, scheduling, planning, and efficiency.

In fact, the smarter you are the harder dating can be. Here are 5 reasons why If you ’re like yogi and are smarter than the average bear, dating is going to be much more difficult for you . In my latest video I break down 5 reason why this is the case. #1 and #4 on the list are worth watching right now, and are likely the biggest reasons most intelligent women can identify with. Reason #4: You May Have Less Experience With Love. Smart people tend to have spent more time on their achievements than on relationships when they were younger. Let’s get real here. It’s pretty rare to be the valedictorian who’s also the prom queen.

Would you prefer someone who's more street- smart or book- smart ? Reasons would also be appreciated. edit: Sorry about the typo in the poll, I was using copy and paste and wasn't really checking The middle choices are meant to say "as smart as me". Wouldn't be able to cope with someone significantly less intelligent than me, or significantly more intelligent. Around the same level is perfect. 0.

I'd love to date someone smarter than me. Not optimistic but . . . hope springs eternal. My ex was smarter , but it was never intimidating. He is smarter than me, and smart enough not to show me that. He is always two steps ahead of me, and its refreshing he's also 10+ years my senior, so I try to think we would be more equally matched in wits if we were the same age. So this is the same dude you 've been with for a while?

" Dating someone smarter than me sounds 1,000 times better than dating someone dumber than me. Dating someone who is roughly as smart as I am, I think, would be ideal." 3. Smart women are impressive. "I liked it a lot. 7. How smart you are or aren't is less important than sharing similar interests. "I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who is noticeably smarter or dumber than I am. A lot of people have different interests though. Some people are interested in intellectual things and some people aren’t, but that’s not the same thing as being intelligent."

What dating someone less attractive will make you realize is that there is much more to a relationship than physical attractiveness. And for a long-term relationship, an emotional and intellectual connection is something that you just can’t go past. Remember this: Everyone eventually loses their beauty. If you want a stable, stimulating relationship (intellectually and emotionally) then you might be more likely to get it from a less attractive person than you . Recommended reading: Infidelity Statistics (2021): How Much Cheating is Going On? 7. It’s in our biology to look for someone “we look u

I would date someone who was not as smart as me. The actual 'level of intelligence' is pretty immaterial. What's important to me is how they use the intelligence they were given, and how they seek to better themselves. XD When it comes to the areas in which I excel, a lot of people are less than impressed with my knowledge because it is highly specialized (which is why I don't really bother sharing it with just anyone). When it comes to hanging out with people who are experts in other fields or whose expertise surpasses my own in 'my areas', I get excited and see it as an opportunity to learn & grow without not putting in a lot of effort.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is chris klein dating